POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : lenses, light and photons : Re: lenses, light and photons Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lenses, light and photons
From: John M  Dlugosz
Date: 31 Aug 1999 22:11:56
Message: <37cc8b6c@news.povray.org>
I've seen a description of Fresnel's invention a short time ago, how it was
designed for lighthouses.  I agree, it's a normal lens with the "stair
steps" taken out.

I've seen the scratch thing called Fresnel as well, but I don't know if
that's correct, or if the name is now applied to any kind of flat lens.

--John